Hey guys, I was just reading a great article on The Write Life about gifts to get your writer friends that aren’t just a boring notepad. Not that notepads are boring, I probably have more of those than anything!
Click on the link above if you want to read the entire article, but I just wanted to share a couple of my favs from the list, from my perspective as a writer.
- Fingerless gloves– Our fingers get so cold, let me tell you! These are the number one gift in my book. I tried to make myself a pair by buying a cheap pair of gloves and cutting the fingertips off. They are fraying already of course. 🤣
- Adult coloring books for writers– Evidently, there are coloring books made specifically for writers. I love to color -who doesn’t?
- Noise-cancelling headphones-these are a game changer! I have ear buds, but sometimes wearing them for extended time hurts my ears.
- Comfy pajamas– In case you decide clothes are for the birds.
- Clever coffee mugs with cute sayings like “Write Epic Shit” 🤣🤣
- Writer bookends– Writers are huge readers, so these cute bookends surround their stack of books in style!
- Adjustable foot rest-When not using my transcription pedal, this would be so nice to have to ease the pain of sitting so long.
- Rocketbook reusable notebook-I should have made this number one! I have so many notebooks, pads, and folders full of papers, this would be perfect! I am so unorganized, maybe this is the answer to my organization prayers!
There is so many more great gift ideas, but these were my favs. Almost anything you can think of has a design or shape just for writers. Cups, pens, software, books, even a caddy that goes across the tub so you can read while you soak! Genius! I hope I’ve given you some ideas and if you want more, just click on the link and see what else is available, like this cute Banaagrams game from Amazon!
One thought on “Eight V-day Gifts for Your Favorite Writer”
Aw yis, noise-cancelling headphones could be something I could use right now. I should forward this list to my partner, lol. Thanks for sharing!