Hey guys, I was just reading a great article on The Write Life about gifts to get your writer friends that aren’t just a boring notepad. Not that notepads are boring, I probably have more of those than anything!
Click on the link above if you want to read the entire article, but I just wanted to share a couple of my favs from the list, from my perspective as a writer.
- Fingerless gloves– Our fingers get so cold, let me tell you! These are the number one gift in my book. I tried to make myself a pair by buying a cheap pair of gloves and cutting the fingertips off. They are fraying already of course. 🤣
- Adult coloring books for writers– Evidently, there are coloring books made specifically for writers. I love to color -who doesn’t?
- Noise-cancelling headphones-these are a game changer! I have ear buds, but sometimes wearing them for extended time hurts my ears.
- Comfy pajamas– In case you decide clothes are for the birds.
- Clever coffee mugs with cute sayings like “Write Epic Shit” 🤣🤣
- Writer bookends– Writers are huge readers, so these cute bookends surround their stack of books in style!
- Adjustable foot rest-When not using my transcription pedal, this would be so nice to have to ease the pain of sitting so long.
- Rocketbook reusable notebook-I should have made this number one! I have so many notebooks, pads, and folders full of papers, this would be perfect! I am so unorganized, maybe this is the answer to my organization prayers!
There is so many more great gift ideas, but these were my favs. Almost anything you can think of has a design or shape just for writers. Cups, pens, software, books, even a caddy that goes across the tub so you can read while you soak! Genius! I hope I’ve given you some ideas and if you want more, just click on the link and see what else is available, like this cute Banaagrams game from Amazon!