I know some of you don’t follow my other blog, Keto For Beginners, but this recipe is one EVERYONE will love, and it’s too good not to share!
This yummy bar is from The Big Man’s World and it made enough bars in one batch to share with my Bunco group, my Dad and Sean, my brother Kevin, and still have plenty for myself! These are a winner, I assure you! My hubby Dave even likes them and he almost never likes my keto recipes!
A few notes before I get to the recipe: Line your 8x8inch container with parchment paper, this is a crucial step since these bars are made with a sticky sweetener (I used Walden Farms sugar-free, calorie-free syrup), plus, once frozen, they lift right out for easy slicing, then go right back in the dish.
The ingredients call for keto friendly, stevia sweetened chocolate chips, but I used Nestle’s dark chocolate chips because I was out of Lily’s (OOPS) my bad. Dark chocolate chips are lower in carbs and sugar at least (but not sugar-free).
I also did not have a whole cup of almond butter left, so I stretched it to a cup with some added crunchy Jif peanut butter. (It is not too bad either, 3g of sugar per serving, which is two TBS, I used about 1/3 cup), 8carbs, 7g of protein. Next time I will use purely keto ingredients and see if they don’t taste just as luscious!
Ok, on with the recipe!
- 1 1/2 cups of chocolate chips of choice
- 1 cup almond butter-can sub any nut or seed butter of choice
- 1/2 cup sticky sweetener-(I used this)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 3 cups nuts and seeds (I used pecans, walnuts, almond slivers, and sunflower seeds for crunch)
- Line an 8×8-inch baking dish with parchment paper and set aside (I used a rectangular plastic container with a cover)
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine everything but nuts and melt until combined.
- Add your nuts and seeds, mix well, pour into lined baking dish and spread using a spatula. Freeze until firm.
That’s it! I hope you enjoy these bars as much as we did! Let me know how they turn out for you. It’s an easy recipe, it will be my go-to for parties from now on!